Now that I've finally finished working summer school, I can enjoy my summer vacation. Granted, I was only working half days, but there's something about having to get up at 7:00am to go into the office that puts a damper on the whole carefree summer vacation thing. So, for the next almost three weeks, I'll be pumping the lazy to the max... which will probably get old after a week, since I'm the type of person that perpetually has to be busy to be satisfied.
Here are some highlights from my summer, both professional and personal:
- Booking an all-inclusive trip to Cancun with Boyfriend for November 2011. Never been out of the country before (aside from Canada)--so excited for some tropical chillaxin'!
- Somehow finished testing, reports, meetings, and IEPs for 20 cases. Still have four more that we couldn't fully process over the summer, so they'll be completed in September. So much for a slow transition back into school!
- Moving into a townhouse with Boyfriend in a lovely little neighborhood. Upside: close to everything we could want! Downside: his sock piles on the floor. :)
- Got to see friends from undergrad that live far away. It was great catching up, playing paintball, and discovering that even though our lives have changed, some things have stayed exactly the same.
- Had a really interesting case of a student with a textbook nonverbal learning disorder.
Must remember to blog about it.Done... here it is!
- Took a great field trip with some 5th & 6th graders to the local naval park and harbour downtown. What a thrill to see them explore two battleships and a submarine, and really get into the history. And the guns... pre-teen boys love guns.
- The long-awaited weddings of two of the gals from my graduate programs... ain't no party like a cohort party!
- Setting out some good plans for the school year with my colleagues in terms of PBIS, counseling groups, FBA/BIPs, and other interventions. If the year only goes 25% as we planned, it'll be a step in the right direction!