What are you doing in your building to commemorate this momentous week (ha)? If you don't have an idea yet, I would like to pass along one from the New York Association of School Psychologists (NYASP), of which I'm a board member. NYASP is encouraging psychologists around the state to "Invite Your Principal to Lunch." Here's a memo regarding the event:
Please share your stories of what you did for SPAW, and how it went! Look for an upcoming post regarding my activities.Make the ConnectionIn concert with National School Psychology Awareness Week, school psychologists in New York will be inviting their educational leaders to lunch. NYASP President, Peter Faustino, says, "What better way to share our mutual vision than for student achievement than to share a meal together?" During the week of November 14th, school psychologists are encouraged to do the following:
- Schedule a time to meet with your building principal.
- Order in, bring something to share, or simply eat together in your office.
- During lunch, take the opportunity to highlight the variety of domains of your practice (outlined in the NASP Practice Model) and consider how particular domains may be applicable to the building's success.
- Thank your principal for his/her leadership.
- Report to NYASP [or your own state's organization] and tell them how it went.
Don't forget to check out and "Like" my Facebook page!